Conditions of Hire
- All Driver/Hirers accept full responsibility for the security and care of the Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire’s - Camper Trailer/Caravan including all equipment at all times.
- All Driver/Hirers must hold a Full Unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence and be at least 25 years of age and under 75 years old.
- All Driver/Hirers need to be identified on the Hire Agreement before towing any Camper Trailer/Caravan in Gold Coast Tweed Camper and Caravan Hire’s fleet.
- All Hirer's need a valid Credit Card - Visa or Mastercard or Full Excess of $2750.00 is payable on pickup unless optional the Excess Reduction Cover is purchased.
- All Hirers need to pass a 100 Points Identification Process egg: (Current - Photo Licence, Medicare Card, Credit Card, Passport, Rate Notice etc).
- All Driver/Hirers of Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire must not have been refused Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- The Driver/Hirer warrants that they have not being convicted of any offences relating to driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs or driving with blood alcohol content equal to or greater than the percentage from time to time constituting an offence at Law.
- The Hirer’s towing vehicle is to have a current Comprehensive Insurance Policy, Registration for the hire period and Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire requires copies of these.
- Driver/Hirers must not tow the Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailer/Caravan whilst under the influence of Alcohol and or Drugs.
- The Hirers are not permitted to lend or sub-lease the Camper Trailer/Caravan plus any of its equipment supplied by Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire to any other persons.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire - Camper Trailer/Caravan are all on road and are restricted to Bitumen/Sealed Roads in the States of New South Wales & Queensland with the most northerly town being Port Douglas in Far North Queensland. ( Only exception is that gravel road access is allowed to recognised camping grounds in National Parks (unsealed road excess applies) providing access road is a dry and well maintained 2 Wheel Drive Road being no longer than 500 metres from the Bitumen/Sealed Road, towing must be a reduced speed with some discretion and common sense.
- Use in other States or Territories is only permitted with prior agreement and if shown clearly in Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Rental Agreement.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailer/Caravans are not permitted to be towed - across river crossings - swollen creeks - flooded water - beaches - sand - bush tracks - transported on any car ferry or barge.
- Camper Trailer/Caravans are not to enter areas that are classified as being or expected to be threatened by a cyclone.
- Please ensure that at all times Gold Coast Tweed Camper Trailer & Caravan Hire Camper Trailer/Caravans will be towed in a safe manner according to road and weather conditions.
- In the event of any damage involving the Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailer/Caravan the Hirer must notify Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire as soon as practicable on 0409 309 880.
- Should any damage occur to Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailer/Caravan depending on the severity the entire or part of Security Bond is retained at the discretion of Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire. Should the cost of replacement/repair exceed the Security Bond the Hirer will forfeit the bond and be responsible for paying any additional amount to cover the insurance excess.
- Insurance does not cover any damage or loss to the Awnings / Annexes and also on the Pop-Top Caravans - TV Aerials and the Front White Window Stone Shields. Any damage or loss to these will be the Hirer’s responsibility. Should the repair or replacement cost exceed the bond, the hirer will be responsible for paying any additional amounts. Do not leave awning set up in wet/windy conditions and whilst Camper Trailer/Caravan is unattended.
- Insurance does not cover any damage or loss to the Camper Trailer / Caravan when towed on unsealed roads unless Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire has agreed to allow towing on the unsealed road and shown on the hire agreement, the Hirer is fully responsible for any damage or loss.
- Insurance do not cover any damage or loss to a third party (your towing vehicle insurance is responsible for the third party when towing)
- Damage to the Tyres and Rims of the Camper Trailer/Caravans is the responsibility of the Hirer, should tyre(s) puncture, blow or shred they must be replaced by the Hirer at their expense with correct load rating tyre (no retreads).
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailer/Caravan must not be altered, modified, or tampered with in any way either internally or externally.
- Items are not to be stored on the Camper Trailer/Caravan floor as this can cause damage to floor covering and furniture e.g.: BBQ’s, Gas Bottles, Esky’s and Ice Boxes, Engel/Waeco Fridges, Surf/Boogie Boards or any hard item that is likely to cause damage.
- We recommend that you take out your own travel insurance policy.
- Any items found to be broken, missing, substituted or lost will be deducted from the Hirers Security Bond
Insurance Excess Options
- Insurance cover is included in all of our hire rates for our hire Caravans and Camper Trailers.
- Our standard excess is $2750.00 this excess can be reduced, by paying us an additional daily charge.
- We offer the option to reduce your excess from $2750.00 to $600.00 (or if being towed on an unsealed road to $1000.00). By electing to pay an additional $12.00 per day and then the $2750.00 excess is then reduced to $600.00 / $1000.00 per claim.
- All excess payments are payable to directly to Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire.
- Alternatively the hirer can obtain their own Domestic Travel Insurance to cover their excess, please ask us for details of recommended suppliers.
- We do not provide any insurance cover for hirer’s personal belongings.
Terms of Payment:
- A minimum deposit of 40% of the total hire charge is required to be paid at the time of booking.
- For bookings less than 7 days duration & weekend hire 100% deposit at time of booking & is not refundable.
- No bookings will be held unless this minimum 40% deposit is paid.
- The remaining 60% of the total hire is required to be paid least 21 days before departure.
- We accept Cash, Direct Bank Deposit, Mastercard & Visa.
- Security Bond is payable prior to departure on pickup by either Visa or Mastercard and any other payment type requires payment of full insurance excess $2750.00 or Payment of Optional Excess Reduction Charge.
- Long Term Hire will require an additional bond according to area of travel.
- Security Bond is payable by Credit Card Visa & Mastercard Only at pick up time before departure.
- If Security Bond is paid by cash or direct deposit or Eftpos either full excess payment is required $2750.00 or the Optional Excess Reduction must be purchased.
- Security Bond is refunded (in part or whole depending on the condition of the Camper Trailer/Caravan) to the Hirer within 7 working days after full inventory and maintenance check has been carried out by Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire reserves the right of hire refusal to any persons or towing vehicle deemed to be unsuitable.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire reserves the right to cancel the Hire Agreement at any given time should the Terms of Payment be contravened and Deposit is then non-refundable.
- All cancellation notification must be in writing.
- Over 45 days notice, full refund of deposit paid less administration charge of $75.00 (Peak Season Bookings administration charge of $200.00).
- Less than 45 days notice, refund of the deposit paid less a minimum charge of $200.00 or 25% of the total hire charge whichever is the greater. (Peak Season Bookings $300.00 or 35% of total hire charge whichever is the greater).
- Less than 30 days notice, refund of the deposit paid less a minimum charge of $350.00 or 30% of the total hire charge whichever is the greater (Peak Season Bookings $500.00 or 40% of total hire charge whichever is the greater).
- Less than 22 days notice no refund; however if we are able to hire out your cancelled booking, then we may consider transferring part of your deposit paid to alternative booking date to be made at time of cancellation. The alternative booking date must be within 6 months of the cancellation date.
- NO REFUND for NON SHOW or Cancellation within 7 days of pickup/delivery.
- NO REFUND for any weekend or any hire less than 7 day’s duration.
- Early returns are not refundable for whatever reason.
- We recommend that you take out your own travel insurance policy.
- If the Camper Trailer / Caravan are not available at the commencement time for any reason outside of our control we will if possible provide a similar Camper Trailer / Caravan or if not possible we will refund any deposit paid and shall be under no further liability to you.
- Most accidents occur for the following reasons - Driving too fast, Driving on the wrong side of the road, Turning across oncoming traffic, Driving while tired or sleepy, Reversing the Camper Trailer/Caravan, Animals on the road, Driving at night and or Driving under the influence of alcohol and or drugs.
- In the event of an accident involving the Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailer/Caravan the Hirer must notify Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire as soon as practicable on 0409 309 880.
- The Hirer is responsible for making the report to the Police in the event of any accident.
- The Hirer is responsible for obtaining the following details:
- Name, DOB, Address, Phone Numbers, Driving Licence details of any other drivers involved.
- The Registration number, Make, Model and Colour of any other vehicles involved.
- The name and address details of any witnesses present at the time of accident.
- The Police Officers Name and Station where accident is reported.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper and Caravan Hire must be advised in the event of a breakdown as soon as possible. It is the hirer’s responsibility to make sure that the Camper Trailer/Caravan is secure at all times. Gold Coast Tweed Camper and Caravan Hire shall not be liable for expenditure, inconvenience, loss or damage incurred by the hirer in the event of a breakdown.
- A 24 hr Roadside Assistance is provided by the NRMA Business Wise or other states motoring organizations for our Camper Trailer / Caravan Only (not your towing vehicle).
- The Driver/Hirer is fully responsible for paying any infringements e.g.: Traffic, Parking, Toll etc.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire takes no responsibility for the hirer’s personal effects. Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire insurance policy does not provide cover the hirer’s personal effects and it is recommended that the hirer insure their own personal effects e.g.: IPods, Phones, Cameras, Videos and the like.
Stabilizers (level load hitch) and Mirror Extenders:
- Above items are supplied by Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire (if required at no extra charge).
- Please ensure that your vehicle’s tow ball is removable to allow fitting of stabilizers.
- The Camper Trailer/Caravan is to be returned in a clean and tidy condition both inside and out as it was at the start of hire.
- Excessive cleaning we reserve the right to charge against your bond.
- No Smoking is permitted in Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hires Camper Trailers/Caravans or under awnings/annexes.
- Smoke Smell will result in a charge against your bond (includes Camp Fire Smoke).
- Pets are not permitted in any of Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hires Camper Trailers/Caravans.
- All Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailers/Caravans have a Seven Pin Flat Plug fitted.
- Your towing vehicle will need a 7 pin flat socket fitted in good working order.
- All Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire Camper Trailers/Caravans have electric brakes. You will need an Electric Brake Control Unit fitted to the towing vehicle.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire can lend the hirer an Electric Brake Controller.
Loading and vehicle compatibility:
- Specs vary from tow bar manufacturers, vehicle manufacturers and road safety groups. Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire cannot hire to the owner of a vehicle that does not comply. We can assist with loading techniques but the ultimate responsibility is with the Driver/Hirer.
- Your towing vehicle Tow bar must comply with our ratings for your safety.
- This option is not available. All Camper Trailers/Caravans are to be pickup and returned to Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hires business address.
- Any Camper Trailer/Caravan not returned and needing retrieval the hirer will be charged $140.00 per hour travel each way plus the Peak Daily Hire Rate.
- Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire allows 60 minutes grace before late charges occur, please contact on 0409 309 880 to advise us of any delay.
- Over 90 minutes late a charge of 2/7ths of website published weekly rate is payable per calendar day or there part of.
- Any request for additional days is at the discretion of Gold Coast Tweed Camper & Caravan Hire management and will rely entirely on future demand and availability.
- All requests for late returns must be at least 48 hours before the Hire Agreements Finishing Time and will require instant payment at time of approval.
- Please be aware that in the summer months we operate on NSW Day Light Saving Time.
Early Drop - Off:
- No refunds for early termination of a Hire Agreement.
First Aid Kit
A First Aid kit is supplied in every Camper Trailer/ Caravan. If the seal is broken or the kit is not returned the kit becomes the property of the renter and a $30 fee is charged when the Camper Trailer/ Caravan is returned.
Download our Terms & Conditions
Click on " Inclusions" to find out more!
For further information Click on "Bookings" or phone us on 07 5513 0950 or 0409 309 880